The Prosecutor’s Victim/Witness Program
The Prosecutor’s Victim/Witness Program is designed to assist victims of crime through the criminal court system. Our Victim/Witness Coordinators provide a variety of informational, referral and personal support services to crime victims in court related cases. Some of these services include:
- Step-by-step explanations about the criminal court process and what to expect in the months ahead.
- Notification about case developments.
- Emotional support through the court process, including accompaniment to meetings and court proceedings.
- Assistance with restitution during prosecution for property loss or damage resulting from the crime.
- Referrals to other community services such as local shelters, the domestic abuse court advocate, group or personal counseling providers and area support groups, etc.
- Assistance in seeking reimbursement through the Arkansas Crime Victims Reparations Board for various out-of-pocket expenses such as medical, funeral, counseling expenses, etc. resulting from the crime.
- Special programs for domestic abuse victims.
- Emotional support and a Children’s Room for children who are victims of crime.
- Assistance in registering for victim notification through the V.I.N.E. electronic notification system and/or the Arkansas Department of Correction (ADC).
The services of the Prosecutor’s Victim/Witness Program are free of charge. If you are a victim of a crime committed in either Pulaski or Perry counties, we may be able to help you. We know that the better informed you are about your case, the better able you are to cope with your difficult situation.
For more information, call: (501)- 340-8000
If you are a victim of crime:
- Report the incident to the police
- Cooperate fully with law enforcement
- Take necessary steps to prevent further violation or intimidation
Links to Other Important Victim Resources:
Arkansas VINE Services
(Access to Information & Notification for Offender Custody Status & Court Event Information):
1-800-510-0415, TTY 1-866-847-1298
Arkansas Board of Parole:
(501) 682-3850, fax (501) 682-3860
Arkansas Crime Information Center (ACIC):
(501) 682-2222, Fax: (501) 682-7444
Arkansas Crime Victims Reparations Board:
File A Complaint
This Complaint Form can be printed and filled out, but a person who wishes to file a criminal complaint must do so in person, at our Complaints Division located at 224 S. Spring St., Little Rock, AR 72201. Our office will be glad to answer any questions regarding this form, at our Main Office. Our Complaints Division’s telephone number is (501) 340-8100.